segunda-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2018

Update: Studying Computer Animation in Canada

Well, hello, Carol from the future!
Here I am again, trying to make an effort to write on this blog. For myself, basically. Let's face it, people don't read blogs anymore)

I'm in Canada right now, I've been here since August 2017. I came to Oakville (ON) to study Computer Animation at Sheridan College. Studying here has always been a dream of mine and I'm finally having the chance to do so. I really want to remember how it was like being here, hence why I want to keep track of my experiences and artistic achievements. I know how Carol from the future loves to find those things from the past when she's feeling nostalgic.

I should've started this diary thing sooner but, oh well, there is no point on thinking about it now. Better late than never, right?

To summarize what's happened until now, I basically learned the basics of Maya, Nuke and Zbrush on my first semester here. Modeling on Maya, sculpting on Zbrush, opening UVs, learning to rig, texture and animate...I did all that.Oh, and there was a College strike as well. It was an intense semester with ups and downs all over the place, but overall it was great.

My greatest accomplishment to this moment was, for sure, the 10 seconds Interstitial Assignment that I had to do. Take a look:



It had to be 10 seconds, the character had to be a toy and the message " Stay Tuned" had to be included somewhere. It was a fun, stressful and an amazing learning opportunity. For years I thought I would never be able to finish any project so this experience was incredibly reinforcing. I absolutely loved modeling my character and working on the textures for this assignment.

Here is the Animatic and the Layout:

I guess this is it for now. All I can say is that I'm proud of what I was able to produce until now and I can't wait to see what else I'll be able to do by the end of the course. The new semester started last week and we're already working on our 1 minute final films. More on that on the next update!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário